Monday, January 9, 2012

Wheels Wheels and More Wheels How to Choose?




Hi fellow racing enthusiasts. We at Wheel Stand Pro have been busy developing custom stands for all the hottest wheels available! In the past several months we've added stands for Thrustmaster, Porsche and Mad Catz Wheels. Based on sales of our stands I would guess that Logitech still has the lion share of the wheel market with a nice wheel with the Driving Force GT and the higher end Logitech G27. But what wheel should you buy?

Decide on what games you want to play and then what system you want to play on. This is a little bit of a leap of faith, because it can be costly to make the wrong choice here! If you already have a system then find what games you think you may like the most and do some quick research on what wheels are compatible with your games and system. Most wheels you look at that are compatible with your system will be fully compatible with your games, but some games may not fully support all the bells and whistles that come with the wheels you are looking at. I would have rather have too much wheel then not enough, so every game I play may not fully utilize my wheel's capabilities, but when the a new game comes out that does...I'll be glad that I choose a wheel that was ready!

PS3, Xbox or PC; I have all three (well four if you count my Wii, but we don't race on that one!). Not all wheels work for all systems and all games are not available on all systems. I do most of my racing on the PS3, but do enjoy Forza on the Xbox and Iracing on the PC. That, you may be thinking, is too much racing! If you race on multiple systems you may need multiple wheels, this is common and we carry Wheel Stands that work for more than one system.

IMO you want to pick a wheel that is within your budget and still gives you that realistic feeling of driving. Personally I want to use a clutch and have a manual shifter. This dates back to one of my first cars, a 1976 cherry red Triumph Spitfire! I could see where most people would want the fastest track times and be the most competitive, probably shifting and clutching is not the way to do this and having a clutch and a shifter would not be extras you need.



We hope that when you pick your wheel that you come to Wheel Stand Pro to pick your wheel stand, but in any case... see you on the track!

SR

No comments:

Post a Comment