Monday, February 21, 2011

Does the Logitech G27 Wheel work with GT5? Yes!!

Hi fellow racing enthusiasts! Been using my Logitech G27 Wheel attached to a Wheelstandpro Deluxe playing toooo much GT5, check me out I play as wise1895! I've seen some discussion about whether the the G27 Wheel works with the GT5. I just plugged in the G27 and presto it works! Yes, the clutch, the gearing....all of it works. But I think I know what the issue is, why people are having some problems. I think GT5 made an improvement in the clutch/gear mechanism from the Prologue to the full version... this improvement made a problem. When I played GT5 Prologue you could shift without using the clutch... this made for some sloppy habits. If you don't need to shift cleanly...and it still shifts...you pick up bad habits. Oops.



Now enters GT5, those rascals made it so that you have to have the clutch in before you shift (and I mean not almost all the way in)...if you don't then it throws you in to neutral, I consider this the equivelant of grinding my gears on my old 1963 Austin Healey 3000. If you are going to use the manual shifter...you need to coordinate the clutch precisely. I know this because it happened to me, when I first starting playing GT5... I thought "damn...the G27 wheel is not working right!" After trial and error I noticed it was definitely...my error! Now after I understood what was going on.... I'm in my racing glory, shifting/clutching... without a problem.

See you on the track!

wise1895

1 comment: